I Had So Much Fun Doing This - Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt

11:51



Here I am with another tag post! 

This tag was created by TheLibraryofSarah on Youtube and the purpose of this tag is in the name! It's a scavenger hunt throughout your bookshelves! There's a list of things you need to look for, and you basically need to find as many books on your shelves that relate to an item on the list.

This is something really fun and new to me and I hope you all have fun reading it!

Here's the list:

- Find an author's name or a title with the letter Z in it. 
- Find a classic.
- Find a book with a key on it.
- Find something on your book shelf that is not a book. 
- Find the oldest book on your shelf.
- Find a book with a girl on the cover.
- Find a book with a boy on the cover. 
- Find a book that has an animal in it. 
- Find a book with a male protagonist. 
- Find a book with only words on it. 
- Find a book with illustrations in it. 
- Find a book with gold lettering. 
- Find a diary. (true or false) 
- Find a book with someone with a common name. (like Smith) 
- Find a book that has a close up of something on it. 
- Find a book that takes place in the earliest time period.  
- Find a hardcover book without a jacket. 
- Find a teal/turquoise coloured book. 
- Find a book with stars on it. 
- Find a non YA book. 
- Find the longest book you own.  
- Find the shortest book you own.  
- Find a book with multiple POVs. 
- Find a shiny book. 
- Find a book with flowers on it. 



Find an author's name or a title with the letter Z in it. 


Of course I had to pick the Maze Runner as it is actually very difficult to find anything with the letter Z in it.

Find a classic.


I have many classics but I've decided to stick with this one as I love these editions so much! Also love Robin Hood!

Find a book with a key on it.


I have two, which surprised me, honestly! I also have one more, I believe it's a sequel to Key of Light but decided to keep it as one per author.

Find something on your book shelf that is not a book. 


Funko Pop!s are the most common thing to find on my shelves that aren't books. This is my favourite chase Funko of Georgie with the cut off arm which is what I wasn't expecting to get as they are so rare, especially when everyone is looking for Georgie (lol) but I'm so happy EB Games sent me the chase instead of the original one by surprise! I also have my two adoptions of IT on DVD that are displayed on my IT shelf!

Find the oldest book on your shelf.


Magic Tree House was the first ever set of chapter books I read in Kindergarten. Yes, Kindergarten. I remember reading this book specifically over and over. I keep it for sentimental value.

Find a book with a girl on the cover.


Of course I had to include one of my favourite series ever with the cover of one of my favourite badass assassins!

Find a book with a boy on the cover.


I know the most common answer for this is Harry Potter, so I wanted to pick a different book that wasn't very common. Although, I'm going to assume this is a guy because the main character is a guy.

Find a book that has an animal in it.


A Song of Ice and Fire series is well known for their infamous animals: dragons and dire wolves!

Find a book with a male protagonist. 


I chose Red Rising because it is my current obsession. It also has a main character who is male, named Darrow.

Find a book with only words on it.


I suppose this is quite obvious. I found it quite difficult to find covers with just words on it.

Find a book with illustrations in it. 


I picked The Language of Thorns because it does indeed have a beautiful illustration at the end of each novella!


Here is a little example. I think it's one of my favourite illustrations from the whole book. Also, if you read the Red Rising series, doesn't this give you female Sevro vibes?

Find a book with gold lettering.


I'm realizing now that it is very easy to find books with gold lettering. Earlier, while I was looking for books, I found it quite difficult. Now I'm finding multiple books with gold letters.

Find a diary.


I used to be obsessed with these books in high school. They are basically journals by kids who had something they were struggling with: drug addiction, cult, eating disorder etc. and were edited and published anonymously. I don't know it they are actually true. But I like to believe so.

Find a book with someone with a common name.


I'm sorry Angie Thomas but Thomas is indeed a common name.

Find a book that has a close up of something on it. 


From a Buick 8 portrays a close up Buick on the cover and I thought it would be a perfect choice!

Find a book that takes place in the earliest time period.  


Outlander takes place in the 18th Century. I'm not sure if this is the earlier time period from books I own, but it is pretty early. 

Find a hardcover book without a jacket. 


I know people might be convinced that I took the jacket off because I am vey specific with how my books look, but this book indeed doesn't have a jacket. It used to be my sister's copy of Angel Fall by Nora Roberts which she gave to me. I'm not sure if she bought it without a jacket or lost it, but I hide it on my little brown shelf so no one can see it.

Find a teal/turquoise coloured book.


When I read this topic on the list, I automatically thought of this book. How could you forget this beautiful cover anyways?

Find a book with stars on it.


I had to be a little clever with this one. I don't think I own any books with stars on them (besides Harry Potter which has stars in the writing) so I chose Stars Above. Technically, it does have stars on it.

Find a non YA book.


I do have quite a selection of non-Young Adult books and I know my instinct is usually King books. Well, technically this is a King book. It's his son's.

Find the longest book you own.


I have a tie between the longest books I own. The Stand (Complete and Uncut) and IT both have around 1153 pages.

Find the shortest book you own.


I kind of cheated with this one. The shortest books I own are the Magic Tree House books, which I own multiple of but I wanted to stray away from using books twice. This is also a book I would read currently opposed to the Magic Tree House books which I just own for sentimental value. I do love the Beatles very much, so when I heard John Lennon has his own book, I definitely bought it right away.

 Find a book with multiple POVs.


The 5th Wave has multiple POVs, although I can only remember two. (I do believe there is at least 3 POVs though)

Find a shiny book. 


Revival by Stephen King has a holographic cover which is definitely very shiny. This photo doesn't do it justice.

Find a book with flowers on it. 


And lastly, I picked this series (I think) as a book with covers on it.. except, they are multiple books! This topic I did have a bit of trouble with as well, but I'm so happy I found these covers on my shelves as well! 

And there you have it! My bookshelf scavenger hunt! If you would like to do this challenge as well, on your blog, or even one challenge a day on bookstagram, I would love to see your choices!

Feel free to tag yourself if you are interested!


You Might Also Like

0 comments