I READ 16 BOOKS?! - April Wrap Up

14:05



So I realized that a lot of you would have expected me to release my BookTube by now and well, I'm still a BookTube virgin. 

I've come across so many instances which prevented myself from making a BookTube account, therefore, a lot of my video ideas will be displayed through my blog until later on.

With that being said, I did a poll on Instagram on whether or not my lovely readers would like me to do monthly Wrap Ups and a lot of you said yes. 

With my wrap ups, they will not be reviews as they will be separate posts. It'll be more like a brief description followed by a brief opinion on the books I've read that month.

And now, here is my first Wrap Up of the 16 books I read in April!

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King 

This book follows our young protagonist who basically gets lost in the woods and she has to portray her survival knowledge to save herself. This has become one of my favourite King reads as it brought more psychological horrors than "scary horror" and I loved it. Definitely so underrated.

On Writing by Stephen King


On Writing is a part memoir, part writing advice novel written by King which I also loved as it not only gave very insightful writing advice, but also unlocked a very interesting door to King's personal life.

The Tommyknockers by Stephen King


One of King's sci-fi novels, it follows our main character Bobbi, who finds a box in the floor and decides to dig it up. Turns out its a space shuttle from potential aliens and the whole book follows her whole journey, trying to figure it out. I think this may have been my lowest rating King book as I found it to drag on so much. 

The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J Maas


 This is Maas' collection of novellas relating to the Throne of Glass series, which I honestly kind of regret reading this month. If you haven't read my review yet, the link is here this was my very first time reading The Assassin's Blade. Everything that happens in this novel is prior to the first book in the Throne of Glass series, Throne of Glass and I feel like it would have been a much more enjoyable reading experience if I read this book first and so on. Regardless, I still enjoyed this book.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas


One of my re-reads during the month of April, I was preparing for the release of the newest instalment in this series. The first book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses or ACOTAR series, it follows our main character Feyre who accidentally kills a wolf-life creature whilst hunting for food for her poor family. She is then told to stay in a Fae land as retribution. I did a review for this book when I first started blogging and as I speak on my Instagram, I strongly disliked my review and I'm hoping to post a new, more informed review soon!

The Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan


A Middle Grade series following a young boy named Percy Jackson whom finds out he is half demi-god, this is a series I grew up on. There are five books in this series and I happened to have read all of them in 24 hours. Hoping to do a review for this series as well, very soon. I don't really want to review each book individually because I feel like I'll be repetitive though, same for mentioning it in my Wrap Up so I've grouped it by series!

Emergency Contact by Mary HK Choi


One of my most anticipated reads of 2018, Emergency Contact is basically about Sam and Penny whom, both are living very different lives with different negative situations. When they met, they exchange numbers and are digitally inseparable. I had such high expectations for this novel but unfortunately, it wasn't something I truly enjoyed. If you want to read my review for it, it's here.

NOS4A2 by Joe Hill


To add onto my horror-loving soul, I've decided to read a gory and terrifying Christmas themed horror novel which I loved. NOS4A2 is about Charlie Manx, who likes to pick up kids in his car and take them his amusement park called Christmasland to feed on their souls. Victoria McQueen is one of the lucky kids to escape Manx's Christmasland, but several years later, Vic comes into contact with Manx again when he steals Vic's son. I'll expand more in my review, but NOS4A2 really was the newer generation of Joe Hill's father, Stephen King's IT.

Pet Sematary by Stephen King


The horrifying King book follows a family who moves to a new town and behind their house, leads a path to the Pet Sematary where all the children in the neighbourhood bury their beloved pets. When our main character Louis buries his cat, he discovers things more sinister deeper into the woods. Easily has become one of my most favourite King novels.

Four Past Midnight by Stephen King


For those who don't know, I LOVE Stephen King's short story/novella collections. Although, this collection will definitely be added to one of my least favourites as most of the stories, except the Langoliers didn't really stick to me.

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas

Second book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, my most favourite and so far, the largest, I re-read this novel to post a review of very soon!

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas

And of course, the third book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, which I also re-read for the sake of a review and to prepare myself for the release of A Court of Frost and Starlight which came out on May 1, 2018.


You Might Also Like

0 comments