Best Way of Introducing Short Stories - The Language of Thorns Review

12:29





The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo 


The Language of Thorns is a bind up of novellas all relating to Bardugo's infamous writings involving her Grisha world. The book itself contains six short stories. 


Might I admit, I've never read a bind up of short stories before this one but wow, it was so good. 

I don't want to go into too much detail with my review, but I'll admit that theres so much about these tales that made me love Leigh Bardugo's writing even more. 

Each short story was beautifully written. It felt as if I'd imagined myself around a campfire as a young child and a superior from myself told folktales. 

Something about Leigh Bardugo's writing honestly just stuns me. I feel as if, with every book, her writing progresses and I love the unraveling of the Grisha world as she continues to publish books revolving it. 

Each story was different and I felt like had different themes than one another, although revolved in the same world. Some stories talked about love whilst others talked about betrayal and revenge. Having different topics and themes made me feel like the book itself can be for many other people with different interests. 

My favourite aspect of the book was the artwork. Each story has a beautiful painting revolving around the story it is based upon. What I loved most was how the paintings progressed through pages. Each page revealed a small boarder of the artwork and as you continued to read the story, more of the artwork was revealed. Until the end of the story where the whole artwork is displayed and its just lovely.

I'd never read short stories before, or a bind up at least but The Language of Thorns really put high standards because I loved it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments