So Many Spooky Reads! - October Wrap Up

05:26



Hello, lovelies!

It's that time of the month, my Monthly Wrap Up!

For those who don't know what that is, my monthly wrap ups are posts in which I go back and talk about the books I read the previous month!

A lot of you seem to love reading this, but I also love looking back at the books I read in each month!

Oh, and they are a lot of fun.

Because it is the month of October, I tried to read as many "spooky reads" as I could, and one of my favourite horror icons Jason is here to help me introduce them.

With that being said, let's get into all the books I read in October 2018!

Night Shift by Stephen King

I absolutely love Stephen King's short stories, as you can probably tell. Night Shift was one of the books that so many of you made sure I read soon - and honestly, I'm quite happy that you guys made me read it. This book had so many amazing short stories that I was flying through. I believe I read this book in a couple of days because it was just so good. I just posted a review of it, so if you'd like to read it, it's here.

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

I wanted to read as many "spooky" reads as I could in the month of October and well, this one was it. There was a lot of forensic elements in this novel which I was very excited about but honestly wasn't as drawn to the novel as I'd like to be. I'll hopefully have a review of this novel up soon so I can explain my thoughts further. But, I do want to give this book a second try a other time.

The Regulators by Richard Bachman

Another Stephen King book written by his pseudonym Richard Bachman, I loved Desperation which is almost like a parallel universe of this book so I was quite excited to dive into it. I also lacked a lot of Stephen King reading in September so I wanted to read as many King books as I could in October. I still love Tak's character and seeing it almost evolve, in a way, so for the most part, I did enjoy The Regulators as well. 

Revival by Stephen King

Like I said previously, I didn't read that many King books in September so I tried to read a far amount in October. I spent a good while trying to figure out what King book I wanted to read and well, Revival really stuck with me. I went into this book not knowing anything and I'm happy I did. The plot and the characters are so complex yet so heartbreaking. It definitely has become one of my favourites.

Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

When I think of "spooky reads" the two authors that come into my mind are Stephen King, and Agatha Christie. I haven't read a Christie book yet, but I own a couple so I thought I'd take advantage of this time. I don't think I loved her writing as much as I do King, to be honest. But it was fun diving into the works of a well-loved author that is new to me.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

The last book I read in October is The Night Circus. I love circus settings, I'm sure everyone knows that, so I was incredibly eager to dive into this. It reminded me of Caraval by Stephanie Garber, and I loved that book - in fact, I loved both books. I absolutely love circus-based books so if you, reader, have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

And those are all the books I read in October. I thought I read a lot more, and I did, but I didn't finish about three of them, so I won't count them until I've finished them.

How many books did you read in October? Let me know in the comments section or on my Instagram!



You Might Also Like

0 comments