That Ending.. - The Women In The Window Review

13:07



The Woman in the Window by A.J Finn

This novel follows our main character Anna who basically has some form of agoraphobia and lives alone in her house. Anna likes to "neighbour watch" where she inspects each of her neighbours' daily routines and what not. The Russells move into a home not too far from Anna's where she has a clear view of their window. Anna sees something in the window that she probably shouldn't have and has to figure out what happened and how she can prevent danger. 


If you follow me on goodreads, I know what you're thinking; you're probably wondering why I'm posting a review for this now when I've read it in January. I'm very behind in posting reviews.. 

Therefore, this review will probably be very broad since I can't remember much of what happens in this novel.

It was my first adult book I was willing to read and was not Stephen King so I was a little skeptical. But because of the praise it received, it really drew me to this novel and I'll admit, the praise is genuine.

The writing was phenomenal. 

I felt, for the most part this book was full of suspense. It was hard to put down over all. I think I read 2/3 of the book in about a day -- maybe even less because of how amazing the book was written and how suspenseful the plot was.

Character-wise, I really did like Anna. I felt like she was a great character to follow and interesting as well.

You really get to know her and the relationship she has with people around her; how most -- or all her communication she has with her family is through phone. I mean, she basically disciples her daughter through the phone and how she observes her neighbours in not necessarily creepy or nosy way, but as if it's almost subtle.

The only problem I had with this book was the ending. I feel like this is really common especially with mystery/thriller books is that most of the book is really fast paced, incredibly suspenseful; but once the ending hits, it's very quick, and not really worth an ending.

And I felt like this book was one of those books. The book was incredible for the most part, but once the ending it, I felt as if this book deserved a better ending.

Throughout the book, I tried to guess who the person she saw was only for it to decline.  If the ending had a better "wow" ending, I would have given it a five stars.

Also, in my opinion, the book seemed to be very similar to Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon but through a different genre and in some parts, different context.

With that being said, if you loved Everything, Everything and have been searching for a mystery/thriller twist, The Women in the Window is the book for you!

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. The only thing I would change is the ending.

You Might Also Like

0 comments