My Favourite Stephen King Items - Jess' Collectors Corner

20:39



(I hope you guys love the photo of a small portion of my King collection haha) 

So I actually asked my Instagram followers late last year what they wanted to see more of on my blog, whether it was blog posts I did in the past, or new ideas that I can bring within this year. I really want my blog to evolve from just reviews and wrap ups and I wanted to post a lot more for you guys, with the intention of seeing what my readers are interested in reading.

I got a lot of fun little requests; book subscription reviews, monthly book hauls, and to bring back my series of book vs. adaptation reviews. But one idea that really intrigued me was how you guys were really interested in bookish memorabilia. I received a lot of requests in my little answer box of people who wanted me to talk about certain editions, mainly the YA special editions that have become so popular and if they're worth it, alongside reviews of indie companies, and my favoruite, Funko Pop!s.

Whenever I do a "top _" post where I ask you guys to give me a topic to rate my top 5 of, a fair amount of people either say "book memorabilia," "fanart" or "Stephen King collectables" so I am here to deliver that request and as always, I'm super excited about it.

Of course, most bookstagrammers have a large collection of books, but we also have memorabilia to add as little "props" in our photos.

A while back when I started my blog, I was really interested in doing things like this, but didn't really think any of my readers were interested in my in depth reviews on Pop figures or fan art companies. 

I'm super excited to share this fun little segment on my blog that I'm calling "Jess' Collectors Corner" where I talk about all things collectable; where I purchased them, how much they are and most importantly, are they worth it?

Today I wanted to start off with something simple and that's my favourite King items I own. I'm a huge Stephen King collector; I think that's quite obvious, but I collect more than just books and I wanted to show you some of my favourite collectables (including books) today! 

*I also wanted put a quick little disclaimer before I start that I am not bragging and I have no intent on bragging when I do any of these posts.*

With that being said, let's get into my favourite Stephen King collectables I own!



Georgie Funko Pop! Chase

One of my favourite things I have added to my collection is my Georgie Funko Chase. If you are unfamiliar with the whole Funko Pop collecting concept, Funko is a vinyl toy collecting company, and are well-known for their Pop Figures amongst other things. When a new series of Pops come out, one or two Pops in that line will come out with a "Chase Variant" which is basically a lot harder to get than the original. I think one of the main ways of getting a chase variant is to pre-order the Pop, with that, you have a 1/5 chance of getting the chase. Fortunately, I pre-ordered the whole IT collection and was lucky to get the chase of Georgie with the sadly severed arm from his infamous scene with Pennywise.


IT First Edition

Almost every Stephen King fan wants to own the first editions of books; if you ask any, they probably own a handful. Fortunately, I'm able to own a couple of them. My all-time favourite first edition is my copy of IT (which I have multiple copies of) because it's one of my favourite Stephen King books. Ever since the 2017 adaptation came out, this first edition has been in high demand from eBay and all the other used books sites. It's taken me about a year to get my hands on this edition - a lot of searching, but I'm so happy to own my own edition for a fair price, considering what it's worth now.


The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Pop Up 

One of my other favourite King books is The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. I believe I read it early last year and was absolutely obsessed. I am a part of a Stephen King Facebook group where a handful of people share their new finds and this book was one of them. Before stumbling across the post, I had no idea there was a Pop Up Book version of the novel I fell in love with, but I had to get my hands on it. But, I do live in Canada and things seem to be harder to find up here. Thankfully, my boyfriend knew how bad I wanted this edition and surprised me for Christmas and I'm so appreciative he has, because I was starting to give up on the idea of owning this copy. Now I'm obsessed and like to flip through it when I can.


The Stand: Complete and Uncut First Edition 

Another first edition I'm so happy to get my hands on is The Stand: Complete and Uncut. I read The Stand last year as well and it's definitely up there on my top 5 Stephen King books. When I had purchased this novel, I was just starting out with collecting King and had no idea of the value, just that it was an old cover that I loved. I actually bought this edition at my favourite used indie bookstore for, wait for it, $5 which absolutely blows my mind now thinking about what it's worth. It's also so pretty to take photos with.


The Shining Necklace

The Shining is one of my favourite horror movies, although I know King isn't a huge fan, and I get that because it's incredibly different opposed to the book. But I can admit that I do still love the movie a lot. I've never owned any The Shining memorabilia, so I was super excited when my boyfriend and I stumbled across this gem at a Hot Topic. It isn't an expensive collectable, let alone, it is cheaply made and probably wont be worth anything, but I do think it's incredibly cool (even though the book's room number is 217) and I cannot wait to add it into photos later from now on!

IT Heat Changing Mug 

My boyfriend definitely spoils me when it comes to Stephen King, mainly because he got me into the author and knows how obsessed I've been ever since. We both ironically exchanged heat changing mugs of our favourite nerdy icons (I got him a Dragon Ball Z mug) and I was so excited that he got me a heat changing mug of 2017 Pennywise giving Georgie the balloon. I think it's really cool, mainly because it's all black and you don't actually seem the image until you add hot water. Unfortunately, the black is starting to chip so I keep it on my IT shelf now. (I also don't have a photo of it either but you can see the black mug on my IT shelf above. It changes to Pennywise giving Georgie a balloon like I said earlier.)


Grady Twins Shirt

I feel like most of the memorabilia I'm going to talk about is going to be IT or The Shining because that is what I have most merch of. I like to wear horror graphic tees. Horror or Marvel shirts seem to be my favourites for bedtime, or even casual wear; a baggy tshirt and thigh high boots. My shirt of the Grady twins that I got recently (again from Hot Topic) is probably my favourite because it's nonchalantly tie-dye (which is definitely my thing, I love tie-dye shirts. I'm bringing it back) but also because it has Danny's infamous "Redrum" written on the back which I absolutely love. And a cool little trick that I've discovered is that if you look at the back of the shirt through a mirror, it flips the word and actually says "Murder" which is Redrum backwards. I also couldn't find a way to properly take this photo, so I thought what cringe-worthy way to portray this item, than to wear it! (I hope you enjoy this photo. I'll probably use it as my profile photo later.)


Pennywise and Jack Torrence Keychains

So my boyfriend and I are both pretty nerdy people, we love to purchase nerdy items; mystery boxes of our favourite fandoms seems to be the most popular between us. Horror or anime mostly. But when we stumbled across these horror mystery bags of keychains, I was sold. We only bought two this time around, but we spent at least an hour trying to feel for Pennywise's tip of his hair. We picked whatever bag we thought was Pennywise, and picked up another for fun. I believe at this time, I was really hoping for either a Grady twin, Regan from The Exorcist, or Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th Part 2 with the bag on his head because those were on the back of the bag, alongside two mystery ones that we had no idea what they were. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of the three, bur fortunately, I did get one of the exclusive mystery keychains which is Jack Torrence when he's frozen near the end of the movie. I thought it was incredibly cool and they haven't left my keys since I got them.


1990 Pennywise Bookmark 

I realize, I don't have a lot of Tim Curry as Pennywise merch unfortunately. It's a lot harder to find than the 2017 Bill Skarsgard Pennywise, so whenever I see something I like from the 1990's version, I obviously have to get my hands on it. One of my favourite bookmark indie shops is AStrangerDream which is infamous for her horror bookmarks and if you don't know me well, I am horror obsessed - I mean it. I do own a couple of them as I love these bookmarks so much; the most popular bookmarks she's created that you've either seen on my feed or Instagram stories are my Michael Myers one from Halloween, my Chucky one from Bride of Chucky amongst others. Because I don't have a lot of 1990's Pennywise, once I saw this, I definitely didn't hesitate to get it and well, I don't regret it.


Pennywise Cardboard Cut Out

As you can probably tell now, IT is something I have the most merch of because I am highly obsessed, it's a fact and I am highly aware, yes. Like I said earlier, my boyfriend loves to feed off of this obsession. For my 20th birthday, he got me a life-size cardboard cut out of Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise and I absolutely love it. I believe Bill Skarsgard himself is like 6'2 or something and that definitely shows in this cut out. It is huge and amazing! My library is also a part of the laundry room so I'm not able to display him as much as I'd like considering my mom isn't a huge fan of him, but I still think he's pretty awesome!

And there you have it, all of my favourite Stephen King collectable items that I have to far. There are a couple of new things coming out within the next year that I'll definitely get my hands on and probably add to this list like the new Funko Pop! of Gage and Church from Pet Sematary (which looks wildly amazing) as well as the new behind the scenes book on IT 2017 which I also can't wait to get my hands on.

What are you favourite collectable items? Let me know on my Instagram or in the comments section below! I'd love to hear them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments