My Feelings Are Messy For This One - Four Past Midnight Review

13:16



Four Past Midnight by Stephen King

Four Past Midnight is collection of four novellas which include: The Langoliers, Secret Window, Secret Garden, The Library Policeman, and The Sun Dog.


This collection, I had mixed reviews on. 

I typically love Stephen King's novellas and short stories, I honestly still do. But this collection fell a little short to me. 

Don't get me wrong, there's some novellas from this collection that I really did enjoy; but they probably won't stick to me like The Mist and Mile 81 did. 

The writing was indeed beautiful as always. 

I think The Langoliers was written the best in my opinion. It was quick paced and very easy to read. I also loved the paranormal-almost aspect to it that was very similar to The Mist. Which I actually think might be the reason as to why I love it so much.

I also found it a little more scary than the others. solely because most of the book is based in a plane and I am terrified of planes.

Secret Window, Secret Garden was okay in my opinion. It was still really good but it wasn't my all time favourite.

I think thats how I feel for most of the novellas as I said before. They are great and well-written. But none of them will really stick to me.

The Library Policeman was also okay. Probably one of my favourites in this collection but not of all time.

The only story I had a major problem with was The Sun Dog, not necessarily for it's content, plot-wise but because I found it the least entertaining of them all. I found this last novella to be a little bit dry to me.

But other than that, I'll always love the introductions to every novella that King writes. His insights for his books and stories are always very intriguing to me.

I genuinely wish I enjoyed this books a lot more than I did, but I had such difficulty doing so.

Fortunately, there are other stories written by King that have me able to stick to me more.

You Might Also Like

0 comments