If You Liked This, You'll Love This! - Stephen King Edition

13:03



I've watched many BookTube Videos where people recommend books that relate to other books or are similar.

I've tried to search for those relating to King books and so far, I haven't seen any.

But do not fret because look at that, I have gathered up a couple of books that in some way relate to other King books and thought you all would love to read this.

I have a vast variety of readers: some are here for King, some are here for YA, some are here for Mystery/Thriller etc.

I tried to incorporate many different genres to please all my readers!

With that being said, here are some books you might love if you love these Stephen King books!

If you loved Mr. Mercedes, You'll love Dexter

When I was going through Mr. Mercedes, I realized how much of Dexter it reminded me. I've listened to most of the first book on audiobook but I do enjoy the TV series so much, it definitely gives me Dexter vibes. Not necessarily because Bill Hodges is a killer and a detective like Dexter but because of the way the "secret" killers taunt Bill Hodges and overall how the story is formatted.

If you loved Carrie, You'll love The Perks of Being A Wallflower


When I think of Carrie, I think of all the doubt, discouragement, bullying etc. she had to go through during her high school years. That is why The Perks of Being A Wallflower reminds me of Carrie. The growth per se of each of the characters with very similar struggles of feeling like an outsider and not feeling like they belong, make me feel like The Perks of Being A Wallflower is vastly similar yet vastly different than Carrie.

If you loved The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, You'll love The Catcher in the Rye


I absolutely love The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. I explain often that this book is a little different from most of what King is popular for because most of the "horror" or fears is happening psychologically. The main character is a young child who is isolated; lost in the woods and she kind of has to fight for her own survival. I think The Catcher in the Rye is very similar because Holden does have a psychological fear: growing up. He is also quite isolated; not necessarily in the woods but in the actual world. Holden and Trisha share very many characteristics and ideologies and I think that is why I think these books are perfect matches.

If you loved The Body, You'll love The Outsider


This one I find to be very similar. When I think of The Body, I think of a coming of age story about a group of friends going through some rough things: in this case, finding a body. For The Outsiders, it's somewhat the same situation. A group of kids going through a rough patch together, as a group. Because of the friendship dynamic, The Outsiders definitely reminds me of The Body -- if only the kids had greaser hair and leather jackets.

If you loved Insomnia, You'll love The Women in the Window

I was really excited when I thought about these two comparisons. Both of these serve as a mix of thriller, mystery and maybe a bit of horror? But they have very similar yet different concepts. Because they both involve a protagonist who is searching, or investigating something from a far seems to allow them to connect very well.

If you loved Dolores Claiborne, You'll love A Clockwork Orange 

This comparison, you're probably looking at it and rolling you eyes like, "Really, Jessica?" Actually, when I think of both of these plot lines, I think of murderers; people who accept that they are killers and yet, continue to kill. To me, Alex and Dolores are very similar. They might not have the exact same stories but I think the plot line is very similar.

That's my group of books I think you'll all love if you love these King books!

If you agree with my opinions, let me know in the comments section! If you have any new ideas, let me know as well! I'd love to hear your recommendations!

You Might Also Like

0 comments