I'm Posting This So Late - February and March Wrap Up

19:41



Happy Wednesday!

Welcome to my very late but also on time wrap up!

I never ended up writing my wrap up for February and by the time I had time to, it was too late, so I decided to write them both in one blog post!

Between the two months, I read 20 books so this is going to be a long wrap up!

I'm going to keep my intro short so we can get into all the books I read.

February

Gwendy's Button Box by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar

I really wanted to start the month off with a King book, but didn't want to read a huge, hefty, 800 paged novel so I decided to settle on Gwendy's Button Box. I haven't read a lot of King's books in which he co-authors, but I've heard a lot of negative reviews when it comes to books in that category. Although, I loved Gwendy's Button Box and would definitely re-read it again!

Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King


I love whenever King writes with his sons. I've read a lot of King's short stories with his eldest son Joe Hill (who is also a horror author) and loved them, although I haven't read King's book with his youngest son, Owen. I decided to give Sleeping Beauties a shot because of that reason and surprisingly, I actually loved it!

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan 


I love the mythological/demi-god world that Rick Riordan has created and want to get into as many as I possibly can. I started reading The Son of Neptune months prior to this month but put it on hold for other books. I finally got around to finishing it in the month of February though!

Warcross by Marie Lu


Almost everyone on Bookstagram had suggested I read Warcross and I was all for it because of the diversity aspect. It was my first Marie Lu book and I absolutely loved her writing!

I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara


I stepped out of my comfort zone in the month of February and started dived into a new genre: True Crime which I actually fell in love with! I really want to get into more of these books in the next coming months because I thought they were really interesting and really peaked my interests.

Golden Son by Pierce Brown


With the new Red Rising book coming out this year, I really wanted to catch up on the series, so I decided to pick up the Golden Son. In all honesty, I can't really remember what happens in this book; probably because I've read so much since, so I'll definitely have to re-read this again soon.

The Wicked + The Divine (Vol. 1) by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie


I absolutely love graphic novels and I've been trying to read at least one every month. I wanted to dive into graphic novels that weren't just Marvel and decided to pick this one up. I loved it and it's everything I've been looking for in a comic. I can't wait to get into the rest of the series soon!

All the Bight Places by Jennifer Niven


I was feeling like a light contemporary read around this time and decided to pick up All the Bright Places, which I wasn't a huge fan of when I read it previously. Again, I can't really remember what happened in the book so I'll have to re-read this again soon.

Seige and Storm by Leigh Bardugo


I really wanted to read King of Scars, Leigh Barudgo's spin off series which follows a character from this series and her other duology Six of Crows, but I never ended up finishing this series and decided to binge read the last two books in one night. Needless to say, I pulled an all-nighter.

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo

The last book in the Grisha trilogy, I decided to binge this with Seige and Storm and pulled an all nighter just to finish this series.

American Street by Ibi Zoboi


Mine and Johely's book club read for February was American Street, so I obviously ended up reading this. I went into this book with little to no knowledge of the plot and ended up falling in love. I think this book might have been my favourite thing I read in the month of February.


I'll have to admit, I read a lot more than I expected in the month of February, and I think because of the amount of books I've read, it's what pushed me ahead in my yearly reading goal. I'm currently 9 books ahead than I should be at this time of the year.


March

King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo


I finally ended up reading King of Scars (which ruined a death for me, so read ALL of Bardugo's books before diving into this - with the exception of The Language of Thorns) and loved it! I actually started this book in February but didn't actually finish it until March.

'Salem's Lot by Stephen King


I wanted to do this new thing where every month, I read at least one classic novel and one King book. 'Salem's Lot is the King book I decided to read in the month of March. I realized after reading this that I own two copies of this book, without doing it on purpose (which is what I usually do with King books). Thankfully, they're different covers!

After by Anna Todd


March was also the month where I dived into this trashy series and welp, it was really something. I read it mostly because the guy who plays Hardin in the movie was really cute, but I still ended up disliking it anyways.

The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo


One of my close friends on Bookstagram, Johely always hypes the book up and I decided to read it in March. I'm also eager for diverse books and also fell in love with this novel. I also thought it was really cool how the whole novel wasn't written in paragraphs but in poems.

Fantastic Four (Vol. 1) by Stan Lee


I think it's quite evident that I'm Marvel obsessed and it's may be a little obvious that I'm obsessed with X-Men and the Avengers, depending on what social media accounts you follow me on - I tend to talk about it the most on Snapchat and Instagram. I decided to also dive into Fantastic Four because of this reason and Stan Lee never let me down.

Captain America: Sam Wilson (Vol. 1) by Nick Spencer


One of my favourite underrated Avengers in the MCU is Falcon. Although, I don't know much of his backstory, so I decided to look a little more into it. My library now how Marvel comics that you can rent on ebook and I decided to give it a shot. It isn't my favourite comic, but I still really did enjoy it.

After We Collided by Anna Todd


As you can see, I've tried to space out the amount of books I've read between the first two After books so I don't look completely trashy. I have no idea why I continued this series, but I did. lol

The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi 


For the month of March, mine and Johely's book club pick was The Gilded Wolves and I wasn't let down. I've always loved Roshani's writing, so I have had high expectation for this book. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to write a review on my blog, or if I want to wait and do a re-read before I go ahead  and write the review then.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte 


Wuthering Heights is the classic novel I decided to dive into in the month of March. I'm trying to read at least one King book and one classic novel per month and I decided to read Wuthering Heights which I love. I'm also not sure if I'm going to write a review for this book just yet, but if you lovelies are interested, I'd happy to write one! Previously, I haven't had a huge interest in classic novels, but lately I've been in a classic novel kick. I've fallen in love with them and they're obviously classics for a reason.

So those are all the books I read in the month of February and March!

Between the two months, I read a total of 20 books and if I keep up the reading at this pace, I'll be able to each my reading goal of 75 by the end of the summer!

What is your reading goal and how far are you with it? Let me know in the comments or on my Instagram! I'd love to know!


You Might Also Like

0 comments