Still One Of My Favourite Series! - Cinder Review

12:09




Cinder by Marissa Meyer 

Cinder is Sci-Fi variation of Cinderella where our main character, Cinder is a cyborg. Cinder's brain gives her the ability to fix things in the blink of an eye making herself the best mechanic in New Beijing. This grabs the attention of Prince Kai in which he asks Cinder to fix his android before the ball. Cinder accepts the challenge and wants to impress the Prince, until her younger - human stepsister is hit with a deadly disease. Cinder's stepmom blames Cinder and volunteers her to be a guinea pig for a cure. Until scientists find remarkable things about her that make her worth millions. 


The Lunar Chronicles is definitely one of my most well-loved series. Just the uniqueness of the plot and how it turns typical fairytales into sci-fi twists catches my attention and extends my love for the series. 

Personally, Cinder is my least favourite book of the series; although its still well written. 

I love the choice of characters. The dynamic between Cinder and her android Iko, as well as her younger sister Peony is one of my favourites. Also her relationship with Prince Kai had me internally screaming since he popped up at her booth and asked her to fix his android. Personally, I was rooting for them since the beginning. 

I also really enjoyed the beginning and the end of the book. I found the last bit of the beginning driving into the middle of the book to be a little slow. I also found the plot to be a little predictable. I want enough plot twists and unpredictable scenes where I would want to throw my book at a wall. As negatively aggressive as that sounds. Had the book had those things, I would have given it a five stars.

My favourite aspect of the book is how it really falls into the roots of the original Cinderella story, but has its own twists to make it a sci-fi variation!

And if you are planning on reading this series and are basing your decision on my opinions, do not fret or give up on this book! Like I said, it is one of my favourite series and Cinder is my least favourite book. Once you pull through Cinder, the rest of the series gets better and better by book!

You Might Also Like

0 comments