New Favourite Read Of 2017!! - Six Of Crows Review (No Spoilers)

12:30





Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo 


Six of Crows follows a group of Misfit teenagers called The Dregs. The leader of the group is given the opportunity to receive a large - and when I say large, I mean large amount of money for himself as well as the rest of the group. But theres a catch; the only way the Misfit teenagers can receive the millions of dollars is if they pull off the most impossible heist and break into a guarded area thats never been broken into before to save an intelligent scientist worth millions. 


This book BLEW ME AWAY! I had never read a book about a heist before so I wasn't sure what to expect. But the plot was so interesting and the book was full of suspense. Personally, when I really love a book and is really interested in the plot, I'll take days to read it because I don't want the book to end. That's exactly how I was with this book. Had I wanted to read it all without taking my time, I would definitely say I would've finished this book in a day. 

One of my favourite aspects of this book/the duology is the use of diverse characters and their bonds within each other. I loved that there were characters of different race, sexuality, genders (might I add the female characters were just as fierce and hardcore as the male which I loved) etc. It was truly hard not to fall in love and connect with each of the characters. Each misfit teen also has a very interesting background which honestly wanted me to just sit with each of them and interview them on their lives. 

Something that a lot of people question is whether or not they have to read the Grisha trilogy in order to read the Six of Crows duology; or even Six of Crows in general. And personally, my answer is no. I read Six of Crows with no prior knowledge of the Grisha world and I loved it! Leigh Bardugo gives you a very specific introduction to the world so in my opinion, you will do just fine without it! 

If I were to recommend a book I've read in 2017 to my readers, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo would definitely be one of them! I thought it was so good and worth the read! 






You Might Also Like

0 comments